On joining DP Gymnastics you agree to abide by Gymnastics Ireland and DP Gymnastics Club rules, policies and procedures which can be amended from time to time. You acknowledge that membership may be revoked or suspended for violation of these rules. Upon registering your child as a member of DP Gymnastics you and your child automatically agree to abide by our Code of Conducts and follow our club policies as detailed further on in this document. All prospective members must have an online account created through our membership system (loveadmin) with a valid E-mail and a phone number. It is mandatory that all members agree to the club’s and Gymnastics Ireland terms and conditions and the Mandatory Membership Agreement online in the member’s online club account before training may begin. By agreeing to the terms, all members acknowledge that they have read and understand these Club Rules, Club Policies and Codes of Conduct.
You will receive communications by phone call, text message or email for the duration of your membership. Please understand that it is your responsibility to notify the office of changes to your contact information so that I continue to receive up to date information, you can also change information yourself via your online account. POLICIES IN REALTION TO FEES REGISTRATION FEE All Students will be charged a fee of €30 upon joining. This
fee provides your child with membership to Gymnastics Ireland. Membership is valid for 1 year from September- September. A portion of the GI component provides insurance for the member. Once a member has registered this membership fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. The Gymnastics Ireland Fees are due on joining at stage in the year and Gymnastics Ireland do pro-rate the fee, i.e. if you join in February of the membership year the fee is not discounted and only runs to the following September (Gymnastic Ireland policy).
All term fees are due to be paid in advance of a new term. The club operates a “no fees = no train” policy, and you must commit to paying training and competition fees fully and in a timely manner as they become due. Please understand that failure to pay the fees on time may result
in your child/children being unable to participate in class or losing their
space(s). Please understand that you are responsible for payment of training fees until the time you notify the club via written notice that you want to cease your membership. Payment of training fees is from the day you accept a space. Fees can be paid via your online account, at the office by cash or card, over the phone or by bank transfer.
Because of our strict student to teacher ratio and the current Covid situation there are no make-up classes. Any missed classes will not result in make-up classes, prorated tuition or refunds. No refunds will be applied for any missed classes or any missed classes due to personal scheduled holidays. Classes will only be credited to your account on a case by case basis if your child has an injury or prolonged illness this is providing you present a doctor’s note to declare this information to the office. If you do not provide a doctor’s note no classes will be credited to your account.
DROP OUT PROCEDURE
PARENTS MUST NOTIFY THE OFFICE TO DROP A STUDENT FROM CLASS. Only a written notice via email, regular postal mail or hand delivered to our front desk will be acceptable. You must give us 7 days notice in advance. Please note: You are responsible for payment for your student’s classes WHETHER OR NOT YOUR STUDENT ATTENDS CLASS until the time you notify the staff VIA WRITTEN NOTICE. Please do not rely on your student to verbally let us know that he/she will no longer be attending classes. If a student stops coming to class without notification then that student’s account will be charged for the remainder of term. This charge will be for holding the student’s place in that class instead of offering that place to one of the many on a waiting list. If you contact the office to inform us your child is not continuing with the term and we have another gymnast to take the slot we will refund the weeks from the date you contact us.
ENTRY INTO THE GYM AREA
Parents are not permitted to enter the gym at any stage, unless invited by a staff member. This is for health and safety reasons and for smooth running of the class. You may enter the gym to come to the office but you cannot remain in the parents area for your child’s class. When entering the office please abide by the current restrictions and wear your mask.
MEDICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL INFORMATION
At DP we offer our classes to all levels of ability and needs. If your child has any sort of learning difficulty or behavioural difficulty it is essential that you notify the office so we can talk to you about managing your child’s participation within the group setting and make it an enjoyable experience for them and their coach. You may be required to stay in the waiting area depending on their needs and this will be determined by the coaching staff after the child’s first class. We require that all new members consent to the sharing of their personal medical data with their coach for the purposes of delivery of their safe participation in gymnastics and administering medical assistance if required. It is mandatory for all new members to inform and disclose any medical information (e.g. Allergies, conditions, medication) which may impact on their health, welfare or behaviour while participating in our activities (for example – epilepsy, asthma, special dietary requirements etc.). Gymnasts showing any medical illness should be kept home. Any child with severe cough or cold symptoms may not be allowed to attend classes. In the event of a first aid treatment being required, our first aid responder will provide basic first aid treatment on site immediately. If more advanced treatment is required, it is our policy to call parents or the listed emergency contact before calling for professional medical assistance or/and ambulance. If we are not able to make contact with a parent or emergency contact within short period of time, we will call for professional medical assistance or/and ambulance immediately and based on our judgement.
We require that prospective members consent to our Photography Policy online in our Parent Portal before training may begin. If you do not; however, wish for you or your child to be photographed or videoed, please inform the Club in writing to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org The Photography Policy states that members consent to photographs or video images being taken of members during their involvement in DP Gymnastics or Gymnastics Ireland’s activities, which may be used to promote the sport by the club or Gymnastics Ireland. No photography and videoing of members by non-DP personnel will be permitted without prior agreement from parents and participants. Spectators are NOT allowed to take photographs or videos of members while they are training. Please let a member of staff know if you see someone operating a camera without permission.
SPORTS SAFE POLICY
Like all organisations involved in children’s sports, DP Gymnastics wants to create a positive enjoyable experience for all participants and members. DP Gymnastics is committed to providing a harassment -free environment and we follow the codes and guidelines set out by our governing body Gymnastics Ireland. If you have any concerns please talk to your child’s coach, the manager through the office or our designated persons which you will find details of in the parents area. The Safety of our members is of up most importance. All of our coaches are Garda vetted and have undergone code of ethics training. Good behaviour and following coaches instructions are very important in the gymnastics environment. There is always an inherent risk when participating in gymnastics and accidents can happen in the gym if children do not follow the instructions of their coach. Proper respect for our fellow members is equally important and bullying will or disruptive behaviour cannot be tolerated. Any incidents of excessive bad behaviour or bullying will be recorded by coaches and parents may be called in if the situation dictates.
On becoming a member of DP Gymnastics you will be asked to register your child and their relevant details on our membership system Love admin online, details on their data protection are below. On joining you are also registered with Gymnastics Ireland on their membership system which is done internally by our staff. Details of Gymnastics Irelands data protection policies can be viewed on their website: https://www.gymnasticsireland.com/about/structure-policy/data- protection-privacy. During your membership with DP Gymnastics your
information maybe stored on an excel file on our hard drive in our office for tasks such as competition lists and grading levels and for hard copy paper based rolls. This information is kept for the membership year from September to September. If you do not re-register for the new membership year in September your information is deleted from all systems.
LOVE ADMIN DATA PROTECTION
Love admin is a UK based company and is fully compliant with all EU data protection laws. Your data will not be transferred outside the EU
Secure transmission of Data Love Admin Online take’s the security of your information very seriously. Information is stored securely on dedicated servers housed in a 2000 m2 purpose built data centre. When transferring data between servers and the user’s computer (administrators and members), Love admin use the same technology as banks and financial institutions – SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect the information. This works through a combination of programs and encryption/decryption routines meaning your information is kept safe in transmission. The secure connection is highlighted in your browser address bar where you will see HTTPS in green indicating the connection is secure. Love admin online will never use any information we hold about our members for any purpose whatsoever other than to provide the services DP Gymnastics offer. Love admin online will store that data only as long as it is necessary for them to store it in order to provide the services we offer at DP Gymnastics. Love Admin online do not hold the rights to pass any of our members details onto a third party. If we decide to part company down the line (in which we do not intend to do) pay subs online will not retain any of our members information.
DP GYMNASTICS CODE OF CONDUCT FOR YOUNG GYMNASTS
DP and Gymnastics Ireland recognises the important role that young people play in our organisation. Every young gymnast should be encouraged to realise that they also have responsibilities to treat others with fairness and respect.
A key element in a Coach relationship is the development of independence. Gymnasts must be encouraged to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance in training, in competition and in their social life. Coaches must not encourage performers to violate the rules of their competition, and should actively seek to discourage such action. Coaches should encourage gymnasts to obey the spirit of FAIR PLAY.
Young Gymnasts should undertake to:
- Participate fairly, do their best and enjoy themselves
- Represent themselves, their family and Club with pride and dignity
- Shake hands before and after events/competition irrespective of the result or performance
- Respect officials and accept their decisions gracefully
- Respect fellow team members giving them support whether they do well or not so well
- Respect opponents and be modest in victory and gracious in defeat
- Improve and develop their skills
- Set high standards of FAIR PLAY for others to follow
- Adhere to proper standards of behaviour that avoids bringing Gymnastics Ireland into disrepute – Let the Coach know when you are unavailable for training and competition
Approach the Club Children’s Officer with any concerns or questions you may have Young Gymnasts should not:
- Cheat – always participate by the rules
- Use abusive language
- Shout at or argue with an official
- Spread rumours
- Bully or use bullying tactics to isolate another young person
- Tell lies about adults or other young people
- Take banned substances
- Harm team members, opponents or their property
Young people are entitled to:
- Be safe and to feel safe
- Be happy, have fun and experience a sense of enjoyment and fulfilment.
- Be treated with respect and dignity
- Comment and make suggestions in a constructive manner
- Make a complaint appropriately and be listened to
- Be believed.
- Experience competition at a level at which they feel comfortable
- Get help against bullies
- Say No
- To protect their own bodies
DP GYMNASTICS PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents/Guardians should encourage their children to participate in sport for fun and enjoyment. Parents should not attempt to meet their own needs for success and achievement through their children’s participation in gymnastics.
The following guidelines will be of assistance in this regard:
- Be a role model for your child and maintain the highest standards of conduct when interacting with young people, other parents, Coaches and Officials
- Encourage your child to participate by the rules of gymnastics
- Don’t ask “Did you Win or Lose?” Ask “Did you enjoy yourself?”
- Don’t just show approval when your child is victorious. Always show approval for effort!
- Don’t criticise their performance.
- Respect Official’s decisions and encourage young people to do likewise
- Never use any flippant or sarcastic remarks towards any gymnast
Do not seek to unfairly affect any gymnast’s performance
- Show appreciation for Volunteers, Coaches and Club Officials
- Respect the rights dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- Try to attend training and events on a regular basis and assist in Club activities
- Do give advice on the importance of maintaining a balanced lifestyle with regard to exercise, food, rest, work, play etc.
- Do listen to what young people have to say
- Try to appreciate the strength of a young person’s emotions – positive and negative
- Do realise the POWER OF EXAMPLE!
- If you have a question in relation to your child and their training please direct this to your child’s coach or the Head Coach.
- The coaching team reserves the right to move gymnasts between groups and reduce or increase training hours as we see fit. Parents will be notified of any changes which are made in the best interest of the gymnast’s welfare and wellbeing.
- The coaching team will decide what events your gymnast will compete in and at what level. In some cases there may be a selection process for an event.
- If it comes to the attention of the coaching staff that flippant or negative comments are being made by a parent in relation to a child other than their own this will result in your child losing their place within DP Gymnastics.
- Training within an advanced rec/competitive/development group does not automatically mean your gymnast will compete.
- Communications made to you by the coaching team in relation to your child via email are for your information only, if you chose to distribute this information to a third party via email or social media this will render information invalid.
- All information in relation to the Gymnastics Ireland Structure can be found on www.gymnasticsireland.com.
- By registering your child with DP gymnastics you automatically agree to abide by our codes of conduct.